Aquapure and variable speed pump

Jul 7, 2007
Allen, Texas
Hi all,
I installed a Jandy ePump (variable speed) this past weekend. Everything seems fine, but I noticed when I was out at the equipment pad this morning that my Aquapure was complaining of "low flow" while running at 2k rpms (my old pump ran at 3450). Anyone have this problem? I've read about folks on this forum running their variable speed pumps at 1k rpm and still having a functional SWG, but it appears my Aquapure doesn't like low speed (I can't run at 1k rpm anyway, for reason of my pool design and plumbing heights).

I'm going to play with the speed some and see what happens, but I was hoping to run as slow as possible.

Mike

It all depends on your particular plumbing configuration as to what speed the pump will have to run to make the swg happy, but I'd think it'd be less that 2,000 rpm.

What filter do you have and what is the filter pressure running?

Thanks for the reply Dave.

Actually, I just figured out I don't have a problem. I totally forgot that "Lo" on the Aquapure screen means "low temp cutoff". ie....my pool water is 42 degrees, and the SWG cutoff is 50 degrees.

I still have a 2k rpm limit, due to my plumbing height (above the pool and spa...and spa is higher than the pool. Spa won't spillover/flow unless rpm is at least 2k. Below 2k, only the pool circulates).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.