1st pool quote.. Pearland TX.

Nov 13, 2013
Pearland, TX
So after meeting with 2PB's we have our first quote! Please let me know if we are missing anything or thoughts. We plan on meeting with several other pool builders but here is our first quote.

We have decided not to go with a SW pool.

Pool:
width 17' length 36'
depths 3.5-->6'
gallons 17K
returns 6
bubblers 2
tanning ledge 7X12
12" raised beam with 3 - 24" scuppers
Pool benches 2 ea 2X4'
8' spa elevated 12" with stacked stone spillway
Not sure on finish maybe go with quartz finish

All Jandy Equip:
-Fusion Nature 2 chlorine dispenser
-CV series cartridge filter
-LXi Pool and Spa Heater
-Stealth pump with booster pump (should I request 2nd pump for water features bubblers and scuppers?)
-Aqualink Touch (automation)
-Nicheless LED lights
- Mx8 pool cleaner robot

Landscapping not included.
$47,250

Nix the Nature 2. Using chlorine tablets is not a long term solution due to the stabilizer rise, especially is areas of little rain and where the pool is not partially drained for the winter. And it adds metal to the water which can lead to very expensive staining of the pool and turn your hair green.

The only viable long term solutions to chlorinating you pool are:
1. SWG ... which you apparently do not want
2. Liquid Chlorine (either dosed manually every day or with an automated system like the Liquidator or a peristaltic pump)
3*. Not really a good idea but, ... Using solid forms of chlorine and having to drain your pool fairly often due to CH or CYA rise.

Start learning about the chemistry now:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

Also, the booster pump is a 2nd pump ... likely for the water features. Ideally you could get away with a single pump as that will be the cheapest to run ... assuming you can find one sized for your needs.

Thanks I will inquire about Jandy's watermatic chlorine system.

It rains plenty here in Houston/Pearland Texas. From talking to friends in Houston that have SWG pools they say besides being tough on natural stone the salt water really eats away at their alluminum patio furniture which they had to replace every 3-5 years.

rodog123 -

We live close to you - Missouri City (Sienna Plantation) and had our pool built in July / August 2012. We used Grand Isle Pools and were very happy with the work they did and the price was reasonable compared to other quotes we received. Let me know if you want their contact information.

Steve

shuye said:
rodog123 -

We live close to you - Missouri City (Sienna Plantation) and had our pool built in July / August 2012. We used Grand Isle Pools and were very happy with the work they did and the price was reasonable compared to other quotes we received. Let me know if you want their contact information.

Steve

Steve YES! please send me their contact info. We are curently in the process of interviewing PB's.

Our next meeting is with Platinum Pools this Saturday.

rodog123 said:
shuye said:
rodog123 -

Steve

Steve YES! please send me their contact info. We are curently in the process of interviewing PB's.

Our next meeting is with Platinum Pools this Saturday.
I can second the Grand Isle Pools recommendation - they built my pool too and I am also very happy with them.

Howdy - We are over in Shadow Creek Ranch - based on the bid herein above, i'd say we are both consulting the same pool builder. :) Would love to talk/trade messages! I'll even take you to coffee. PM me please.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.