Pool Has Leaked Out Since Closing

Mar 6, 2013
Western KY
I partially drained (below skimmer and return lines) and closed my pool at the end of September/ early October, and I realized yesterday that when I went to pump the water off my cover, that the pool is now basically empty. I first guess is that I have a leak in my floor drain line. I know I did not have this problem last year. My wife and I just received an offer on this house and expect to have a contract soon. Am I looking at a huge repair bill? I have a vinyl liner and I am afraid to remove the cover to see what kind of shape the liner is in. Insight and advice is greatly appreciated.

Bump.

Looking for any advice here I can get. This has me really worried. By rough calculations I am estimating that I have roughly a 100+ gallon a day leak somewhere either in my liner or in the floor drain line. Will the liner be affected detrimentally by the pool sitting empty until spring? I am in uncharted waters here.

I certainly read your first post yesterday as I'm sure did many others. It's been hard to offer a definitive solution.

I believe that your first step probably has to be positively identifying the source of the leak........which may involve removing the cover.

I can't see how you can make much progress until you determine the source.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.