Recommendations for equipment??

Jul 2, 2012
Cupertino,CA
Hi Folks. New here, looking for advice.
I have an 8 year old plaster, salt pool that is ~11,000 gallons.

The builder used a Jandy package, containing a CL 460 cartridge filter, a gas heater, an Aqupure 1400 and a 2HP pump.
I have a solar heater and a pretty large spa. All of the valves and other items, (PDA) are Jandy products.

After 8 years I am going to have to replace some stuff. The filter has cracked, and needed new cartridges anyway.
Before I go get the same model, Is there something newer that better fits my application? I have a family member that recommended a Clean and Clear 150, but I am concerned about the size, in relation to the pump size. Is that a legitimate concern?

The Aquapure cell is shot too. I have run the diagnostics and am confident that it is the cell, and not the back board that has caused issues for so many people.
I can buy a new cell, for quite a bit less than an entire new system, but I have read good things about the Hayward system.
Is there any good argument for sticking with Jandy vs. going to Hayward?

I appreciate your time and will watch for your comments.

Mike

I would agree with your concerns about going with a filter as small as the 150. Since you are running a big 2Hp pump for a spa, you may want to get something a little bigger, although a 460 is likely a good bit larger than you "need". You really can not go too big with a cartridge filter, it just delays the frequency of your required cleaning.

If the SWG controller is still fine, then certainly just get a new cell ... no point in switching brands if it is functional. We recommend sizing the SWG cell 1.5-3 times larger than you pool. So, I would look for a cell in the 25k range (assuming your controller can handle different sizes).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.