Replastered to WetEdge PearlMatrix

Apr 11, 2010
A quick thank you to the entire community here at TFP. This site has been my "goto" site whenever I have pool issues or questions. I figure with this being my first post, it should be something informative.

Back in the summer of 2013 I had to re-plaster my pool because of serious delamination and bubbling issues. It had the standard plaster finish that I inherited with the house purchase. I don't have a long history to determine if it was caused by a poor original plaster application or poor chemistry maintenance. The pool was only 8 years old. Company that installed it is long gone now. I suspect it was just part of the housing boom and pool install bubble going on at the time here in N.Cali. Want an instaPool with that McMansion? Interesting how times have changed... now I see a bunch of trucks with company logos specializing in pool removals.

Anyway, we picked the WetEdge PearlMatrix Chilean Beach Tahoe finish for our 20k gal pool.

After the jack-hammering on a sunny Saturday morning at 7:30am that was called demolition :hammer: ... and the dust settling, cleaning, prep, and plastering... the job was finally done a week on later... The attached picture shows the before and after results.

I really like the end results and I love the color contrast we have now. Pool feels a bit more natural, not so bright and artificial as with the original white plaster finish. It does have a light pebbly feel when walking on it and if one is not careful, you can scratch yourself. Despite that, I'm still happy with the end results.

I'm running a SWG setup with "The Pool Cleaner" as my little robot helper. I haven't encountered any issues or problems with this setup.

Attachments

• Pool_before-after_June2013.jpg
    Pool_before-after_June2013.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 110
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.