cost guestimates for modifying an existing vinyl pool.

awp17

Jul 2, 2013
OK so after the craziest roller coaster ride ever of house hunting I think we found a serious contender. It has an existing pool, its smaller than what I have currently but the property location is amazing so I'm happy to compromise (the "real" ceo said she will just double up on her laps) its 17x 31 in ground vinyl and is definitely due for a liner change, its not leaking but its lost all its color and I really would miss the deep blue of my current pool with a new liner.

Anyway, I want to know if its possible with out to much trouble (i.e. not an anything is possible depending on how much you want to spend) kinda thing. I want to add a light, it currently doesn't have one, I dont need a fancy one, just a simple 300W halogen lamp is fine. There is a 6 foot deck behind the deep end wall. Since the liner is out is it that much harder to install a light?

Also I would be interested in modifying the pool to be a sports pool where its shallow on the ends and deeper in the middle (like 5 feet at most). Its currently like a 3.5 foot to 8 foot deep pool. There is no main drain so no plumbing would have to be moved. Is this possible? ITs only a dirt floor I have been told, there is no vermiculite (sp) and were not modifying the foot print, just the floor layout. This isn't a requirement, but the insurance company has told me no diving boards so as long as I have to take the diving board out, I might as well make it a pool we will use, but this is a pipe dream really. My current insurance company had no problem with diving boards, but they dont insure water front homes so I have to change companies.

Thanks for any help , suggestions, pointers!!

uncfan1573 said:
Yes both could def be done. Price would depend on deck surface type, how far they would have to run electric from a breaker box to the junction box.

Deck is stamped concrete. IM not sure whether they would need to cut out the concrete, or if they can dig then conduit under it. I know the utility company did something to run new fiber optics under my driveway. I would figure its about 50 feet total from the closest breaker box. (20 feet from garage to pool equipment, then 30 feet form pool equipment to pool)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.