Back to basic?

induce

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 13, 2007
Murfreesboro, TN
Wifey and I downsized this summer and moved to a smaller house/less land/ no pool.
It was a great move and we love it……..but miss the pool.

Last pool was over the top. freeform, aqua logic ps-8 automation, north star pump, salt, heat pump, pavers, pavilion, outdoor kitchen, fireplace and way way too much landscaping. (36 yds of mulch)
Thinking of going back to basic. 18x36, vl, concrete deck, 2 speed pump, inter medic timers, polaris and rainbow chlorine feeder.

Had this with very first house and it was great and way cheaper.

The Automation was nice, but replaced the board and salt cell in less then 4 yrs.I think salt is just fancy way to make chlorine and tired of replacing all the fancy boards, controls etc.
Kinda like washing machines. :? they never broke, right?

I appreciate the input.

Cal

Hey, induce,

I like your message of simplicity.

Of course, we only hear from the folks with problems but it seems to me automation comes with it's own set of headaches and each time I am tempted to add some form of automation, posts like yours tell me to stay where I am. There is no right or wrong answer but, for me, the electronic gadgets tend to get me a bit befuddled.

I would suggest that if you decide to chlorinate by manually adding liquid chlorine, then the puck feeder would be a pretty inexpensive standby for vacations, etc. If you manage your pool chemistry carefully, you may even be able to use your puck feeder for a part of the season and then switch to manual when your CYA starts to get too high....can happen quickly in many pools, though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.