My recent 18 x 36 oval inground vinyl pool build

Dec 2, 2013
Hello all

I wanted to share photos of my recent 18" x 36" oval pool build.
The pool features a spill over spa, 266K BTU LP gas heater, salt water generator and a two speed pump with a Hayward sand filter.
Started the build in early October and finished towards the end of November.
Please feel free to make comments or critic anything that might stand out to the seasoned pool builder.
I am going to try and post several photos a day so I am not uploading links for the next 2 hours.

Sincerely Vic

woodyp said:
Gotta love red dirt! What brand of pool? Never seen an AGP with a spa attached. Have fun!

Yes good old Georgia clay. The pool is actually a in-ground pool not an above ground.
I believe the manufacture is Regale steel pools, I know the liner was made by McEwen Industries.
Here are a few more photos. Vic

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
doobs41378 said:
Any plans for any type of fence along the top of that wall?

Yes I plan on installing 4' tall black ornamental fencing with a couple 6' tall 3-bulb post lamps.
I'll post some updated photos after I get it installed. I looked at your pool build photos doobs41378, I must say it is very impressive. Sincerely Vic

cudavic said:
doobs41378 said:
Any plans for any type of fence along the top of that wall?

Yes I plan on installing 4' tall black ornamental fencing with a couple 6' tall 3-bulb post lamps.
I'll post some updated photos after I get it installed. I looked at your pool build photos doobs41378, I must say it is very impressive. Sincerely Vic

I think that will look sharp when your all done. I am looking forward to seeing the pictures. Thanks for the kind words regarding mine!

Can't wait to see the tailgating pictures by the pool! Make sure to set your emergency brakes too. Are you hiding anything fun in that garage?

Looks very nice. That wall and large deck really transformed your back yard.

bmoreswim said:
Can't wait to see the tailgating pictures by the pool! Make sure to set your emergency brakes too. Are you hiding anything fun in that garage?

Looks very nice. That wall and large deck really transformed your back yard.

Yes I will need to be careful and make sure none of the toys from the shop end up in the pool.
The shop is 60' x 48' and is multipurpose, half for the cars and half to act as a pool house recreational to get out of the sun and or congregate.
Right now my boat is in there and most of my specialty cars. Maybe I should have stayed with collecting stamps and baseball cards as it is hard to find 3,000 sq/ft shoe boxes.
The boat will eventually be parked on the opposite side of the shop under a lean too when it is not in the water.
I have already stubbed up for a full bathroom and an office area.
Below are some of the pictures of what lurks in the shop.
Hope you enjoy. Sincerely Vic

Oh geeesh...wow! This thread could go in a whole different direction now. Great crop of toys there! You can fire up a few of those engines for music around the pool.

That side garage door on the building is going to create a great covered pool house space. Can't wait to see pics down the road of how you are using it.

Again, great backyard and multipurpose building!

bmoreswim said:
Oh geeesh...wow! This thread could go in a whole different direction now. Great crop of toys there! You can fire up a few of those engines for music around the pool.

That side garage door on the building is going to create a great covered pool house space. Can't wait to see pics down the road of how you are using it.

Again, great backyard and multipurpose building!

Thanks I cannot wait till it is finished and I can enjoy it.
I will try my very best to keep the pool Barracuda free. :party:

Sincerely Vic

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.