Jandy epump....what are your speed settings?

Jul 7, 2007
Allen, Texas
Hi all,
I'm going to replace my single speed Jandy pump with a Jandy ePump this weekend.

I'm curious.......what settings do you run for normal pool circulation, spa, etc? There are bunch of options/speeds in iAqualink....just trying to decide how to configure the pump. All ideas appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

Like most VS pumps, the most efficient speed for the ePump is around 1000 RPM so try that first. The problem you might experience is poor skimming action. If that is an issue, then you might need to bump it up some. But every pool is unique and what works for one pool may not work for another so some experimentation is required.

My spa is self contained and runs on its own separate pumps. It would seem that you would want to run your pump at higher speeds in spa mode to have sufficient pressure for the therapy jets. You could experiment with different speeds to see what is most comfortable. I run the pool pump at the same speed as normal circulation (1,250 RPM) for freeze protection.

Ok, got the ePump installed today.

Figured out there is no way I can run 1000 rpm. At any speed below ~2000 rpm, my spa stops overflowing. I guess there isn't enough backpressure on the pool return lines to keep water flowing everywhere at that speed. Does that sound right? I was really hoping to get better energy savings by running the pump really slow, but I have to keep the spa flowing also, especially during freeze protection.

I don't think it is a HP problem.....just speed and backpressure. My old single speed Jandy pump was 2.5hp/3450 rpm, and I installed the 2.0hp ePump (which claims 2hp x S.F. (1.38) = 2.7 total hp). If I run the new pump at 3000 rpm, everything performs just like the old pump.

Does anyone know if there is a minimum speed for the cleaner (it has it's own booster pump...so maybe it doesn't care) and minimum speed for the Aquapure (SWG)?

Thoughts?

ntxpool said:
Ok, got the ePump installed today.

Figured out there is no way I can run 1000 rpm. At any speed below ~2000 rpm, my spa stops overflowing. I guess there isn't enough backpressure on the pool return lines to keep water flowing everywhere at that speed.
Thoughts?

Can't you divert the water to the spa only ??

The spa should overflow at 1000 RPM unless it is much higher than the pump. Also, the cleaner shouldn't matter for the speed as long as it has it's own booster.

I can divert the water to the spa only.....that's basically "spa mode". When in "pool mode", the pump returns water to the pool jets and the main floor jet in the spa (hence the overflow/waterfall effect out of the spa).

Mark: any guesses why the spa wouldn't overflow at 1000rpm? It has to be too low of backpressure...ie the water takes the path of least resistance, which is the pool.
My spa is about 6" lower than the pump, but the pool is about 2.5' lower than the pump.

Mike

If you want spillover on 1000 RPM, ALL of the flow must go to the spa and none to the pool. The spa is higher than the pool so all of the flow will go to the pool when the differential pressure is lower than the height difference which is probably the case at 1000 RPM.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yep, this is what I thought also. I do have an adjustable valve on both the returns, but it's not automatic...I could probably partially shut the pool one, thus restricting it versus the spa return line, but that will likely impact my skimming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.