New build plumbing help

Angnjam

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 8, 2013
Southern California
Hello, I was hoping you wise pool owners/builders could tell me if I am going to be okay with the bid I plan to accept for my pool plumbing as an OB. It is a 16x38 IG Gunite pebble rectangle pool with an additional 5x10 reef shelf, 3.5-7 ft, and we are in Southern California where it occasionally gets into the low 30s and high 20s at night in the winter. We do NOT have a spa (we did originally, but took it out for budget purposes). I'm hoping you can tell me if the piping sizes are large enough, different valves needed, more skimmers, enough returns, is there a need for never lube valve vs check vslve, etc.??? We are going to us The PoolCleaner suction cleaner. We have a 3HP VS Pentiar Intelliflo pump 011018, FNS Plus 60 sq ft filter, Paramount Clear 03 Ozone (I know many don't believe in this, so I am still deciding on this so let's leave that for another topic) :), 2 ea. Intellibrite 5g color LED lights, 1 ea. GloBrite LED color light, 48" Jandy Sheer Descent.

Here is what he has listed on his bid. Any changes you would make???:

Pool Only 2.5" skimmer suction
2" to 1" returns 3 ea.
1.5" pool cleaner line
light niche bonding for light and E.Q. fill line 20"
Autofill
24 hr A/S valve
spa by pass 2 " (I think this was left in there from the previous bid when we had a spa included, but now we don't - I have to check with him)
Additional Jandy 48" sheer descent
2" PVC sch 40 waterfall return
bolt down E.Q.
Additional bonding
set heat pump
set ozone with separate line 3/4"
light niche
Jandy Checkvalve
Pool run in excess
service call return to hook up waterfall

Thank you so much in advance for your help!!!

Is there a floor drain? If so, it should be plumbed separately to the equipment pad with Jandy valve to select between the two. If you do have these 2 runs, then 2" pipe is plenty big. I would also use 2" on the cleaner line.

What is the check valve even for?

And you are right ... the ozone is pointless.

Well then I would be sure to have the floor NOT plumbed into the skimmer and have the floor and skimmer plumbed separately to the equipment pad ... 2" again should be plenty.

3 returns might be enough ... and a deep heat line is optional.

I still am not sure why you need a check valve. What water will be above the filter trying to force it to back flow?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.