Robotic cleaner for indoor 120,000gal pool (75x42)

Nov 20, 2013
Hey all,

I'm an AD at a non-profit. finally getting rid of the outboard suction model (works great when I can actually get suction) and looking at a robot model. we're on a budget but are looking at the dolphin wave 90. my supplier is a licensed dolphin dealer/servicer so that's all they carry.

as far as debris, it's mostly band-aids, hair, and the occasional cheri-o. there is a lot of "dust" on the floor but my old vacuum never reached the entire pool (hose length and frustration).

do we need to spend the money on the vacuum for large pool or can I get by with something cheaper and just cycle it more often? I usually only attempt to vacuum once a week (aside from diving in and picking up the big junk) we also want it to be able to pick up the fine particulates.

can anyone speak about a unit they have experience with? any info will help. thanks!

You might get away with a residential model and run it multiple times powered from each corner of the pool in order to reach the whole thing. Most residential models have cords between 50-65 ft in length, you might also want one with adjustable run time. Watch out about the fine print on the Dolphins thought, I am on my second Dolphin unit (First was an old Dolphin Diagnostic, I found a deal on a closeout / discontinued Dolphin Pro). It seems Dolphin played a bit of a trick with this model, it is identical to the Diagnostic Advantage except color scheme, they called it a commercial cleaner, and extended the warranty by 30%, but at the same time changed its built in non-adjustable timer from 3 hour run cycle to 2 hour run cycle.

Ike

The provided cord length of a cleaner is a pretty good indicator of what you can expect on a big pool.

You will not have good luck if the cleaner cannot reach from the power supply and then to both side of your pool. It'll be pricey.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.