I'm ready...but first, a question or two.

dattia

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2008
West Chester, PA
Hi all... I had a filter problem a few weeks ago that was solved here on the forum. Thank you again to 'Waste'! Now, after doing a ton of reading, I am realizing that I know nothing about taking care of a pool... but I think I am ready to convert to the BBB method, since I know there is a wealth of information here at my fingertips. I just ordered my test kit and am anxiously awaiting a sparkling pool. At the moment, mine is a bit cloudy.

Now, the question or two. When I was having my filtration problem recently, I opened my filter and cleaned and lubed the O-ring. The filter turned out to not be causing the problem, but now I have noticed whenever I move the lever on my Multi-valve and turn the pump back on, there is dirty water going back into the pool. This only lasts for a few seconds but it is still disturbing. I first noticed it after backwashing. However, it will do it even if I just turn off the pump to clean out the strainer basket and turn the pump back on. There is also a bit of bubbling at the return, but I've read some things that I am going to try with that. Also, my sight glass is only half full. Should it be completely full of water?

Thank you.

Dawn

Thanks for the 'bump' waste! I think I am good! :-D I opened the filter again just yesterday and looked around and didn't see anything wrong, so I just clean up the O-ring and the rim, re-lubed everything and put it back together. The only thing I did differently this time, was I had my son tighten his side of the collar at the same time that I was tightening mine so that it would go together more uniformly (last time I was on my own). I don't know what exactly fixed it, but so far, only clean water is coming through the return.

I could kick myself for not having done it sooner though. I went from yukky water to beautiful sparkling water and am now back to cloudy but improving conditions. I am sure that putting this issue off was keeping me in a 2-steps forward, 1-step back situation. :hammer:

I am convinced that the mistakes I make this year are going to contribute to me having 'the most awesome sparkling pool' for the entire summer next year!

Thank you again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.