Pool Pump problems

pjwenz

Dec 11, 2013
I currently have a Pentair WhisperFlo 1 1/2 HP. running my salt water pool. The motor noise is becoming very load and on startup makes a grinding noise, so I see myself having to replace this shortly. My questions to you experts out there, is should I replace this with the same unit or should I be looking for something different for longevity. I am in FL. so the pump runs every day and has been in operation for over 6 years (I am not the original owner). Also it does not seem like this is a big thing to replace myself with a good electrical and plumbing back round. This unit seems to be affordable to replace, but I always like to hear from different people. Thank you for any of your comments.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Please add your pool details to your signature and location to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you.

As James said, replacing just the motor with a 2-speed would be a good idea (assuming yours is wired for 230V) ... but that is a pretty big pump, so if you do not have water features and/or a spa, then you could save even more by downsizing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.