Intex pool leak

vicsin

Sep 17, 2013
We set up an Intex oval 9x18 above ground pool at the end of last summer and used it for about a month. Then covered it well and are going to ride out the winter here in San Diego County, (mild weather) with it up. Not sure if it was a good idea to leave it up, maybe someone can comment on that please.
It seems to have a very slow drip at one of the drains now, very slow. Wondering how that can happen and what I should do about it. Did something come loose on the drain plug from the inside? Can it get worse? Do I need to get in there and do something? Water is probably about 50 degrees so hoping to avoid that if possible.
Finally how long does a pool like that last before it's a danger to burst? It's close to my house.
Very grateful for any help on any of these questions. Thank you.

Is the drain plug leaking or is it leaking around the welded in fitting?

If it's leaking around the welded in fitting you should contact Intex now and let them know about it. There have been reports of those leaking and Intex replacing the pool because of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.