New Pool/Spa Owner -- Issue with heating

Dec 10, 2013
I am a first time pool owner. All of the components and terms are new to me. I am trying to learn as much as I can, but in the mean time, I'd like to properly heat the spa so I can relax! I have a Jandy RS4 panel in my house that controls everything (their manual is not too helpful for dummies like me). My spa is raised above the pool and has a waterfall.

How I heat the spa: I hit the lower span button, set temp, and hit enter. This seems to work. Also, on the top line of buttons, I hit "Spa" which I believe runs the Spa pump.

What happens when I do this: the water heats up to the desired temp, but the water level in the spa drops. There are no leaks. My pool guy (who I do not want to annoy too much) said that it could be because of the flap in the check valve getting stuck.

I appreciate any input. I just want to heat the spa for now and stop the water from draining out.

Your PG is probably right. Most likely water is leaking from the spa into the pool so you need to check all valves.

It sounds like a programming issue to me. :scratch:

If I read your post correctly, it sounds like you have two "SPA" buttons?
If you press the lower one the spa heats and the water level doesn't drop, but if you press the top one the spa heats, but the water level drops in the spa? Is that correct?
It sounds like the top button isn't switching a valve that the lower button is.

Can you post a picture of your equipment pad.
It sounds like you have separate pool and spa pumps?
It sounds like the pool pump is drawing water from the spa and returning it through the waterfall when in spa mode.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.