Help with pump replacement for first time pool owner.

Dec 9, 2013
Hello all. We now have our first pool and it's all extremely new to me. I'm not sure of all of the details on the pool yet, but do know that I need a new motor. The one on there now is extremely loud and can be heard through the entire neighborhood. I have read a bunch of the posts on here and am leaning towards a 2 speed or variable speed pump. Is there a difference in the two and is one better than the other? Price is also a major factor as we are now house rich and cash poor. I found the exact same pump that's on there now (single speed I believe) 5kc39un6086x Marathon electric for $189 http://www.inyopools.com/Products/05300017000420.htm?gclid=CI-XwYv9o7sCFShk7AodGmIAqA

Can anyone advise of a good replacement motor for the 5kc39un6086x? Thanks in advance. Sorry I don't have a gallon amount on the pool. But there is a pool and spa on the same system.

Mike
this is what I have now.
1497635_10202145590755502_1687659461_n.jpg

how do you tell if it's a 230volt? I like the price of this. Is the 2-speed difficult to work or just install and it does what it needs to do? And I'm guessing it's more energy efficient than the single speed? Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.