Information needed on spa operation

Oct 10, 2011
I recently got a used hot tub and did not get a user manual with it and since I am new to hot tubs I don't know a lot about how they operate or should operate. I should be happy that the pumps seemed to be my only problem and they are now operating fine. I do however seem to have some sort of issue with the jets in the tub operating erratically. The neck jets seem to work properly on one seat but the ones on the lounge seem to have a mind of their own. They will come on at will sometimes and not at all sometimes. I do think that the diverter valve somehow is tied into the operation of these jets simply due to the fact that I switch it to the left the seat neck jets come on and to the right they go off. But that does not turn on the lounge neck jets. I do have intermittent operation of these but don't know why yet. There is another diverter valve on the opposite side of the tub that does not appear to do anything at all and some of the jets on the bottom of the lounge seem also to have a mind of their own. I understand that some jets have the capability to be turned on and off at the jet itself but I don't know if these do or not. I am afraid to turn them too hard for fear of breaking them. Since this tub sat unused for quite a period of time I suspect that I should clean the jets somehow but I do not know what that procedure is. Thus far I have just tried things on a trial and error basis but have had limited success. If anyone knows anything that might help me please chime in. The tub is a Catalina model XL13000.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.