First EVER numbers!!! (That are trustworthy!)

Oct 14, 2013
Harare, Zimbabwe
Look what turned up the other day.... :whoot: :whoot: :whoot:

Look what turned up in sunny Zimbabwe!!! by pommezimbo, on Flickr

Should keep me going for a while :mrgreen:

BIG shout out to a certain AWESOME member of this site for making this happen!!!!! You know who you are!!!!! :party:

First REAL numbers. (not from strips/ HTH "sort of" reliable 3 way drop based kit)

FC-6.5
CC-0
CH 130
TA 60 (HTH says 80, I wiped with a damp cloth each time as directed)
PH 7.5
CYA 30
Borates 50-80 (looked in between these on strips)

:whoot:

SO, recommendations? :-D

The pool is concrete shell about 15" thick and then all of surface tiled as in pic.
The dot for CYA was JUST visible at the 30 mark. Completely gone at 40. It was a very bright sunny day and time was about 1.30pm.
I mixed the solution by putting the magnet pill in the mixing bottle and using the speed stir.

As always thanks in advance!!!!!

If u wanna know more about my situation and what I have done so far with this pool, or the challenges I have faced sorting out the pool in this 3rd world country see thishttp://www.troublefreepool.com/no-way-to-obtain-fas-dpd-test-t71335.html post.

The dot for CYA was JUST visible at the 30 mark. Completely gone at 40.
Your numbers look really good (as does your pool) :goodjob:

A correction on your CYA test.....you may have just transposed the numbers. If the dot was obscured at the 40 mark, then filling to the 30 mark would have obscured the dot even more. No big deal but it sounds like your CYA may have been 40 which is just a bit better than 30. That said, either will work and you can fine tune as you go along.

Awesome! Looks like you are stocked up for now. You don't need to test Cya too often so you can save on that one.

I love the finish in the pool! Is that just random tile pattern going on there? Very cool no matter what it is, I like it!

Thanks for the feedback guys, and the compliments about the pool!! :cheers:

Duraleigh- You are right, I meant to say it was barely visible at 40 and completely gone at 30....! Lol.
So, I am gonna bring it up to around 60 maybe 80 with the sun being on the water all day. Means I can use some pucks with the pool calculator for a while to supplement bleach, which will be nice. Saying that the bleach is a breeze for me, as a friend of mine manufactures it fresh for me, and I have an auto siphon set up with aquarium tubing as I read about on here. Plus correct me if I am wrong, but I could also get away with using some cal hypo (not at the same time tri/dichlor of course) for a while what with my CH being low, right?

Brushpup- Yup should keep me going for while! :-D hoping to make my own FAS/DPD reagents soon for when I run out(which should be at least more that a year!), had some advice from chemgeek on what I need to do, I already have the raw materials just need to calibrate against my TF kit.
And it's a random tile pattern going on with 3 colors of tile, must have taken ages to do at the time!

Appreciate everyone's kind comments!!

Mike

EDIT: I would want to bring TA up to about 100 if using tri/dichlor pucks right? Also the reason I am thinking of using pucks, if people are wondering why I would use them (in a floater) when I have an auto siphon set up, is because sometimes we have days without power..... :rant: The generator can't cope with the pool pump and the house, working on that one as a project for the future!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.