POOL BUILDER IN NASHVILLE AREA

Dec 8, 2013
I am currently looking to build an inground pool. i have talked with several people but they didnt show up on appointment.It is frustrating, becuase its really hard to find good constructor around my location. i guess its just me.. but anyway..
I want to get a estimate quote and i want to stay on my budget maybe under $30000....
I prefer to stay under my budget..
I know what shape of the pool want to be. but i just don't know the size
because I don't know the size of my back yard.. (sorry my house is still under constrcution and i am not good with measuring)
does any one know good builder with good price?

i want somthing like this
bottom of pix
or simillar[attachment=1:1np7x9cl]2-much-is-an-in-ground-pool.jpg[/attachment:1np7x9cl]
[attachment=0:1np7x9cl]tnpooldesign.jpg[/attachment:1np7x9cl]

Attachments

• 2-much-is-an-in-ground-pool.jpg
    2-much-is-an-in-ground-pool.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 206
  • tnpooldesign.jpg
    tnpooldesign.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 205
Hi ahfolife! :wave: Welcome to TFP!! I am in the Nashville area as well. I can tell you NOT to use Roy Vaden! Fifteen reasons to tell you that, not the least of which is unethical! Now that that's out of the way... :lol: All the pool builders around here live on Island Time! I haven't found one yet that has been on time or show up when they say 100% of the time so if you find one, I'd LOVE to know who it is! Madison Pools' folks are very nice and helpful. They don't work on vinyl pools though so I don't know anything about how they work; but I've been there several times for parts and they were extremely helpful. This is a beautiful pool you have shown. Has anyone told you they could do that pool for under 30K? That project looks to be in the 75-100K range...just guessing. I have a 15x27 basic kidney shaped, vinyl in-ground with paver coping. I also bought stone to build a couple of retaining walls with and my total was 28K. Only about 2k of that was for the stone. This is a gunite pool, correct? They are a lot more expensive than the vinyl pools.

Here's my pool....

Glad to help you in any way I can! I've used a lot of different pool builders over the years for this and that so maybe I can steer you in a better direction or let you know about that particular one.

The folks on this forum are FANTASTIC at helping new pool owners!! There's always someone here that can tell you what you need to know in any step of the way so don't be bashful about asking for opinions. And once you choose the builder, post pics for us along the way...we LOVE to watch pools being built! :lol:

Good luck!
Karen

midtngal said:
Hi ahfolife! :wave: Welcome to TFP!! I am in the Nashville area as well. I can tell you NOT to use Roy Vaden! Fifteen reasons to tell you that, not the least of which is unethical! Now that that's out of the way... :lol: All the pool builders around here live on Island Time! I haven't found one yet that has been on time or show up when they say 100% of the time so if you find one, I'd LOVE to know who it is! Madison Pools' folks are very nice and helpful. They don't work on vinyl pools though so I don't know anything about how they work; but I've been there several times for parts and they were extremely helpful. This is a beautiful pool you have shown. Has anyone told you they could do that pool for under 30K? That project looks to be in the 75-100K range...just guessing. I have a 15x27 basic kidney shaped, vinyl in-ground with paver coping. I also bought stone to build a couple of retaining walls with and my total was 28K. Only about 2k of that was for the stone. This is a gunite pool, correct? They are a lot more expensive than the vinyl pools.

andHere's my pool....

Glad to help you in any way I can! I've used a lot of different pool builders over the years for this and that so maybe I can steer you in a better direction or let you know about that particular one.

The folks on this forum are FANTASTIC at helping new pool owners!! There's always someone here that can tell you what you need to know in any step of the way so don't be bashful about asking for opinions. And once you choose the builder, post pics for us along the way...we LOVE to watch pools being built! :lol:

Good luck!
Karen

----------------------------------------------------------------------
thank you for sharing info karen
I google it and found some of the people from this forum and i am going to call them tomorrow if I can set up the appointment
and I am not sure with meterial that in picture ,I just like it the shape and the size
so I am still researching and studying for the pool
I am in baby step so I need a lot of help XD :p

I wish you luck in your search, finding the right PB can make or break the whole process. I will be interested to see what your quotes come in at. Just your 1100 sq ft of decking would be 8k-12k if concrete and over 15k-20k if pavers like in pictures if getting prices in my area. I am in the Northeast though and things tend to be more expensive here. Keep us posted!!

midtngal said:

Here's my pool....

Good luck!
Karen

-------------------------------------------------------------

oh is it ok if i ask who was your builder?

midtngal said:
oh is it ok if i ask who was your builder?
:uhh: Roy Vaden Pools....that's why I can tell you NOT to use him! It took him 7 MONTHS to build my pool! :crazy:

-----------------------------
thank you
I will put it on my note :goodjob:
it is really hard to find someone in nashville
I thought it would be easy becuase I see a lot of house has pool but I guess it is not:(
I've been calling several builder today I just want it to be finish this winter and have fun during summer time with my kids
thank you for helping I will keep post for update :wave:

I understand your frustration, I haven't found a local PB that has made it on time for an appointment or called back when they were supposed to. I am planning to handle my own install, contracting out the excavation and possibly poolcrete floor.

Welcome to the forum ahfolife!
I'm also in the Nashville area, Murfreesboro to be more specific. I'm not much on endorsements or anything like that but I was more than satisfied with my particular builder. Unfortunately I don't think you'll have much success building a pool period for under 30k in this area. Assuming it's a gunite pool that you posted, your baseline price in this area is probably gonna start around $50k then you easily have +$15K of decking upgrades.

If you modify your setup to something like a 32' kidney bean shape (vinyl liner) with plain concrete decking and cantilevered coping then you might be able to do that for about ~$32-34K. That price wouldn't include the spa and it would be a completely bare bones setup, i.e. no automation, single speed pump, 1 light, etc.

I've come across a few gunite pools, particularly when I visit my in-laws in Brentwood but in my opinion, vinyl liner pools are by far more common in these parts. During our bidding process I quickly became jealous of the folks in AZ, TX, & FL, as their gunite prices actually look quite affordable.
:cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.