Question? Borates and Salt .... Borates or Salt

Okay guys . . . After reading all the comments on borates and salt I decided that I wanted to experience the benefits for myself.

I just finished adding all the chems to complete the proces of increasing borates to 40. I did it over two nights using a 4:1 ration between Borax and MA. I added everything around 10:00 p.m. and then checked my numbers the next morning around 5:00 a.m. It worked out great with reasonable fluctuations in pH and TA.

Today I added 440 lbs. of 99.6% salt and let the kids help get it dissolved. Within 30 minutes the pool was FANTASTIC!!!! It felt just like everyone described . . . silkier and softer. We have been swimming all afternoon and most of the evening. The kids loved the salt since they could open their eyes under water without goggles and it not make their eyes red. Also, my daughter made a comment that her face felt cleaner and my son said he had a scratch that remarkable disappeared. The pool seemed to just sparkle all afternoon and was just a joy to be in.

I am thrilled with my decision to do both the borates and salt. I am planning to get the borates up to 50 but wanted to get my test strips to verify my current level before adding more. As far as the salt goes, I think the current level is perfect!

Maybe my comments will help someone else make a more informed decision. I know reading other people's experience on this forum have really helped me make better, more informed decisions and I just wanted to continue the blessing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.