Hayward Super II Pump Replacement

May 26, 2011
The bearings on my motor are going south so I need to replace the motor. i'm having a hard time finding the correct replacement motor online. I have looked at electric motor warehouse and inyopools.com.

It appears my motor is a two speed but there is no switch to choose high or low speed so i assume it runs only in high speed. From the label I don't know what HP it is either since the label says 2.5-.42.

My pool set up is:
14,500 gallons
Chlorine
Plaster
Spa
Polaris 360
Cartridge filter

Any suggestions on what pump to get? I was thinking the 1.5 HP energy efficient model but I'm not 100% sure and don't want to order the wrong motor.

I would definitely stick with a 2-speed motor and make it so you can run on low speed to save yourself some money on electricity.

Is there any reason you need such a large motor? water features / spa?

If not, get a smaller 2-speed motor with a matching impeller. You can not go to a smaller motor without also replacing the impeller (which should only be around $25)

thabeezer said:
My pool set up is:
14,500 gallons
Chlorine
Plaster
Spa
Polaris 360
Cartridge filter
Must be the tryptophan still in the blood stream. :lol:

With a spa and a single pump, I would not lower the pump HP.

Ah, skipped right over that ... and did not see it in the signature :oops:

Still felt the need to point out that getting a smaller motor should not be done without a smaller impeller ... although as Mark says, with the spa you should not likely go smaller and thus should just get one of the motor he linked to.

You will also need a new shaft seal.

Normally, spa jets require high flow rates for strong jets so the pump has to be large to support them. Unless of course you have a separate jet pump. Then you wouldn't need such a large pump for just circulation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.