Advice on my construction plan for skimmers and returns

Dec 1, 2013
Hi all. I’m brand new here and could sure use some advice…. I’m starting a pool project and I’d like an opinion on the builder’s design of the skimmers and returns. Is he putting enough in? Are they in the right locations etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated! The pool is basically square with a 25 meter swim lane attached, 4 feet deep throughout, made of concrete with a tile finish. I believe the total volume is about 30,000 gallons. The builder is planning on 2” piping throughout, 6 returns and 2 skimmers. I’ll attach a sketch to show the locations. So, what do you guys think? We haven’t broken ground yet and I’d like to be sure we’re getting a design that’s going to work! Thanks in advance for all the help and expertise.

Welcome to TFP!

My first impression is too many returns and I'd probably move a skimmer to the top of the drawing.

You want the returns to establish a circulation around the pool so the debris passes along the wall with the skimmer.

Thanks for the input guys. So, if I put another skimmer at the top there, would I try to make the water circulate counter clockwise around the large area then down the swim lane? How many returns do you think I should have? Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.