Pool Cover VS EF2 Tornado

mshuey

Nov 29, 2013
East Central IL
Hello, new member, very first post.

I am located in central Illinois, and we had some high winds rip through here that removed my winter cover from my pool. I had it attached with cable winch, and clips. When the cover gave way, it tweaked 2 of my top rail sections a little bit, and a few of my plastic top rail connectors are, shall we say, "Gone with the Wind". I have left the pool as is for now, and the water has been freezing and thawing.

Will the freezing and thawing shorten the life of my liner in any way? Is there any online outlet that anyone would know of to get replacement top rail connectors for a 6 inch wide top rail? I have contacted the company that put the pool in, and they are looking for parts. My plan is to go out tomorrow and at least look at the cover, and try and get it back onto the pool, so that my water level doesn't raise. I do have the return open, so water will run out there before it gets up into the skimmer.

Thanks for looking at my first post.

Matt Shuey

Welcome to TFP Matt !!
Do you know the name of the pool or mfg. ? Wilbar is a big mfg. of above ground pools. I would try to get the cover back on. You'll be ok with the freezing and thawing.

I have been looking all over, and I can find everything except who made the freaking pool!! Figures, when you need something, you can't find it. I'm hoping the company I bought it from still has the copies of the paperwork since it's only 2 years old.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.