Pool stains from leafs

Ccarta

Nov 29, 2013
I just installed a pool and we do not have an automatic pool clear. We came back from vacation and we had leafs. When I removed them it had stained the mar site. How do I remove those stains? :grrrr:

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

The leaf stains should clear on their own within a couple of days or so. This happens to my pool on occasion and they always go away on their own. Just make sure you have the proper amount of chlorine in your pool according to your CYA level. Here is a reference: Chlorine / CYA Chart

Yup. At the peak of summer I get a few of these little comet tail like stains (1 inch by 1/4 inch). They don't brush off, but they do fade in a few days as the chlorine oxidizes them. One day I carefully swam down to a fresh one and it was little bug turd or something similar (ugh). Anyway, the point is organic stains organic and leaves are very organic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.