Closed her down, these numbers look ok?

Your FC levels are at the lower limits for your CYA level. I would have brought the FC level up to Slam level which would be around 20 ppm for your CYA level. You might be at risk for algae with the low FC level.
What was your water temp when you closed and where are you located ?
When you open your pool raise your CYA level to 70-80 ppm for your SWG.
What test kit are you using ?

What was your water temp when you closed and where are you located ?
around 50ish degrees when I closed it and located in West TN.

What test kit are you using ?
TF-100

I had the pool guys install my solid cover and close pool. They put some algeacide and some kinda product called double shock. I plan on doing the shutdown next year if I can learn how.

The water temp was good for closing. Not sure what double shock is. You would think the FC level would be higher. Algaecide is optional for closing and the one we recommend is polyquat 60.
Open in the spring before your water temp gets to 60. Test your FC level and bring it to SLAM level and let it drift down to your regular FC levels. Make sure you raise CYA level to 70-80 ppm for the SWG.
Next year we can help you close on your own. Save ya some money !!!

read the article and it has some good info, the pool guys said they were not draining any water out of the pool. said something about since my liner cover my steps they would leave water in it to support the liner on the steps. told me to leave the SWG in place as it was designed for that (sounded weird to me) and they would blow most all of the water out of the pipes and deck jets.

I was planning on staying with them while they did all this but work got in the way. I can/will do whatever they did i just need to know the proper way of doing it. any pool i have helped friends close they drained water down below jets. the pool company that i used is not fly by night they put in a bunch of pools each year and most are high end pools.

It sounds to me like your closing guys did a good job. Keeping the water level at normal to protect the liner over the steps has some merit to it, to me.

As was mentioned above, bringing your FC up to SLAM value prior to closing the pool would have been a good idea but it sounds like that is water under the bridge.

I would suggest you open as early as practicable in the Spring and get SLAM value chlorine in there right away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.