Some final choices on new pool build

Shenk

Nov 26, 2013
Looking at a 14,000g Grecian shape liner pool. Sat through several PB sales pitches.
Going with a Hayward SWG system. The T-3 Turbo Cell seems like the right size, but one PB is pitching me on his free "distributor upgrade" to a T-15 Turbo Cell. Any advantage/ disadvantage to going with this seemingly oversized unit.

Also, going with a Hayward VS pump. High electric rate .18/kWh and otherwise generally interested in energy efficiency. PB's are pitching Hayward Superpump VS. I can get a Hayward EcoStar for less than $200 more. Worth the extra money? Any advantages other than higher efficiency.

Welcome to tfp, Shenk :wave:

We recommend sizing the swg 1.5-3 times the sized of the pool, so I would go no smaller than the T-9, and the T-15 is probably even a better choice.

Either vs pumps will work, but if you have high volume water features, then the Ecostar may be a better fit...we would need to know more of you pool build details.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.