Wash out !

TizMe

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
Covington, Georgia
Not sure where to post this so I will try here.

Where the outlet for my pool filter runs to from the waste port washes out the dirt around or in front of the filter when I backwash the pool. I have put dirt in and in and in and it keeps getting washed out. I have been thinking about putting/making a long little concrete slab run off and I was wondering if others have had this problem? Other thing I was thinking about doing is making a long box and filling it with stone but I'm afraid the dirt will still get washed out under the stone during back washing etc ...

Any thoughts and suggestions would be most welcome !

Backwash hose would be the easiest and cheepest solution but you have to unroll and roll it everytime you backwash. It would allow you to dump the water on the grass or some other place where you wouldn't have that problem.

Or you could plumb in a fixed line into the sewer but that would cost a bunch if you have someone else do it.

I use an old vacuum hose which I clamp to the port and roll up when I'm done. It has a few pinholes in it which makes for interesting fountains when I backwash. The water drains into my lawn. Because it comes out with considerable force and I wanted to prevent a washout I put a piece of wood under the hose opening so the water spreads out before it hits the grass.

I will take a picture of the area I am talking about and post it. I don't think sod is will do if the dirt underneath keeps getting washed out. I dont really have a sewer near by to drain it too either. That's why I was thinking of the stones or a small run off slab. Let me post the picture and maybe some more ideas will come up ....

You could also cut the bottom 90 off, and put the pipe underground and have it come out closer to the bottom. That is what they do with drainage ponds, they will get the water to go into a manhole and then have it flow into the pond at water elevation. If you can get it to come out onto flat ground then you would be better off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.