Wanted: clear dome for Triton II filter, but they're NLA?

jamyers

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 12, 2012
I've got 2 Triton II TR-140 filters, installed 1985, and both have their original clear domes (p/n 15-4678) - which I love because you can SEE what's going on inside the filter.

One of my domes got cracked when the filter plugged (sucking mud from a cracked skimmer line), and the pressure spike expanded the filter and shot the dome/gauge/airbleed out of the filter like a cannon, cracking the clear dome and smashing the gauge. Sigh...

I'm looking for a replacement dome, and all I find is the tan replacement dome (V-threads), and everybody shows the replacement dome p/n 154696 as being NLA (no longer available), and says use the tan dome. Piffle on that!

1. Anybody got a line on a clear dome?

2. WHY are all the filter domes I see now NOT clear? Seems that clear would be way more better, imho.

Re: Wanted: clear dome for Triton II filter, but they're NLA

jamyers said:
1. Anybody got a line on a clear dome?

2. WHY are all the filter domes I see now NOT clear? Seems that clear would be way more better, imho.

I wish mine would come with one, I'd like that feature.

My guess would be that they are saving a dollar each filter by not using these. Booo!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.