Readings different every day.

Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Our pool is only a month old. Just when I get a couple of the readings balanced, then others go out of whack. I hate to get in the habit of adding things constantly.

Todays readings

TA 123
PH 7.6
Stablizer 30
FC 2.37
CH 126

I started using BioGuard BackUp, due to " Boatmen" bugs. Shocked the pool, and now the bugs are gone. Seems like the TA and PH keep bouncing daily. I treated it today with Calcium Hardness Plus. All pumps running full force, due to freezing temps.

9800 in ground Pebble Tech Freeform. Waterfall and weeping walls. 2.0HP Jandy E Pump, Jandy 160 GMP Feature Pump, PB4-60 Cleaner Pump, 48 Sq. Ft. Jandy DE filter, Aqualink with PDA, Fusion Chlorine, Delta UV Sterilizer, Auto Fill, Polaris 3900, Anti Freeze Protection.

Generally speaking, the colorQ does not seem to be as repeatable or as accurate as the drops based kits we suggest. I think the nature of it is the discrepancies you are seeing. You can google colorQ on this forum and get lots of threads discussing it's performance.

Chlorine will change constantly, so that is normal.

With a new plaster pool, your pH will also change constantly and the TA along with it.

Daily chemical additions are perfectly normal, especially with your new pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.