is high pH dangerous?

pH rise due to aeration will be limited to a pH of 8.3. As long as the pH rise was due only to aeration, is is safe to use.

Note that the pH should not be left high as scaling can occur.

macmini said:
I read this: http://poolsolutions.com/gd/hiphpool.html from Ben's website and it seems that, in some specific situations, a higher pH level (8.0) could be beneficial, or at the very least, not harmful. I'm currently experimenting on my pool; I will post results back soon.
I hope you have low CH in your pool or you are inviting scaling by keeping the pH too high.

Are you using the Dichlor-then-bleach method? You indicated before that you started with pool water in your spa so got the CYA that way and then used bleach, so essentially you are on that method. So you should have the TA be lower at around 50 ppm and also use 50 ppm Borates (usually from boric acid) as that should help keep the pH from rising as quickly. If your spa water is fairly isolated, then this should be fairly easy to do. If your spa water mixes too much with your pool water, then it will be hard to have the TA be that different in your spa and your pool, though Borates could be used in both if you wanted to do that (though that's more expensive, given the volume of the pool).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.