Under Winter Storm watch

JonnyB

Nov 23, 2013
Central Texas
Being in Central Texas I do not close my pool. Under normal freezing conditions I just let the pump do its work. We have the chance of freezing rain and or sleet. So I am wondering if I should take any precautions. My equipment is outdoors. I have my grill cover over the heater and a sheet of plexiglass protecting the pump. Anything else that I should try to protect?

Thanks

Hey JonyB! Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Just do what you normally do then. It doesn't look like this one will even get low enough to worry at all. I see 42 in Austin right now My buddy is down in La Vernia with 46.

Thanks I am not concerned with the pipes at all pool temp is 65 right now so as long as the pump is moving the water the pipes are fine. I am more concerned about ice and the motors or the heater. Should be fine I just like to worry

Brushpup said:
Hey JonyB! Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Just do what you normally do then. It doesn't look like this one will even get low enough to worry at all. I see 42 in Austin right now My buddy is down in La Vernia with 46.

Mid 40's and rainy over here in Longview the last day or 2. Not too bad compared to up North, but for our part of Texas we consider it to be bloody well cold! Brrrr!
Spost so be down in the mid 20s at night mid next week. :shock:

RobbieH said:
Because we are all indoors today. It's too cold outside for a native Texan.

You got that right Robbie! I'm getting Cabin fever already though. Think I may have to make a run to HEB for the Missus her in a bit. How may time you braved it to see that nice "new" pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.