Winterizing an in-ground: alternatives to lowering water?

Nov 7, 2013
All,

I'm just about to pull the trigger on closing the pool (yes, I'm very late!) and wonder if there's an alternative to lowering the water level to below the tile and skimmer line. The above ground guys use pillows to keep the ice from pushing the walls of their pools apart, so I wonder if there's a way to do a similar trick with in-ground pools. If not, isn't it about time somebody invented a way? (I don't have any in-wall things to worry about, except lights which stay well below the waterline. My stuff's in-floor.)

Reason I'm asking is because I have a great safety cover which can be used as a winter cover per the manufacturer... provided the water level doesn't dip quite that low, and I'd love to avoid buying a Loop-Loc or equivalent.

Thanks,
Bill

Re: Winterizing an in-ground: alternatives to lowering water

Where are you?

Please add your pool details to your signature and location to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.