Pump Repair

May 20, 2008
My Hayward pump needed a rebuild last spring. I sent my pump to a well advertised pump repair company online, all over U-tube, that sells pump repair kits and ended up having to get my money recouped through my credit card company's fraud section. I should have done my research but I let my guard down.

Does anyone out there know of a reputable company that rebuilds pool pumps of sells rebuild kits?

Thank you in advance,

Jp

+1 what jblizzle said.

If you're handy and want to mess with it, we can help here with bearings and capacitors and seals.

Beyond that a pool repair place may charge you somewhat close to new pump price and you'd still have an old pump.

I really need to do a "How to" the next time I do bearings...

If you're handy, they're very doable. You can buy them from a pool supply place (search pool pump bearings on Google), or you can buy sealed bearings from any industrial supply place as long as you can match them. When I did mine a couple years ago, I took the pump apart, and pulled the old bearings off. There was a number stamped on the seal, and I was able to match them on Grainger's website. Less than $20 for the pair.

You'll need a cheap puller, and to put them back on you'll need access to a press (the better way) or you can hammer them on with a piece of black pipe (the way I did it).

There are lots of videos on YouTube that can give you a little more visual on how it's done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.