Aqua Rite to Jandy IQ904-PS

PMIT

Nov 21, 2013
I've read several of the posts but not sure I understand something correctly. On an Aqua rite SWG, I read where you can change a setting from AL-0 to AL-5 and it will "emulate" a Jandy SWG. I also looked at the Hayward wiring diagrams, and the (communication wires) RYGB get switched around for some of the manufacturers (Polaris), but it did not mention Jandy. I'm putting in a new Jandy iAqualink control system and want to hook my existing Aqua Rite to it, will this work? and do the 4 communication wires match up (color to color)? Does anyone know exactly what changing the setting to AL-5 specifically does? I've seen the "chlorinator translator" but am not interested in that route. Thanks

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

The "AL-" setting sets the product name sent to the pool automation system and for Jandy it should be set to "AL-5" otherwise the automation system won't communicate properly with the Aqua Rite.

I'm not sure about the wiring. Someone will hopefully come along who has experience with that.

FYI - Setting the SWG to AL-5 doesn't always work. It depends on what revision your SWG is. I don't know what revision it starts to work, but my SWG is 1.3 and it doesn't work. Doesn't have a AL-5. I had to use the product that PMIT referenced in his first post. I'm also running with an iAqualink with the Aqualink RS at Rev T.

FYI - I just found out that if you bring up an Aqualink Rev T with your Goldline/Hayward SWG not set properly or it doesn't support the setting the reports the proper product name, it will lock out all SWGs from the system. Any SWG you try to communicate with will be reported as "NOT COMPATIBLE". Even if it is Zodiac's own product AquaPure. This doesn't happen in Rev QQ or if you which back to the Rev QQ. I'm not sure, but won't be surprised if V6.0 and up of the Aqualink PDA does the same thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.