BBB Just getting started

Well it has been a week and I still have crystal clear water so far thanks to this site and BBB!!! I think my numbers are looking good, but I can always use a second opinion. Had my first pool party with 6 of us this weekend and had a blast. Should I shock the pool after heavy use like that? Here are my numbers from this morning after adding bleach to get FC from 1 to 4:

FC = 4
CC = .5
TA = 120
PH = 7.5
CYA = less than 20....it has been about a week but not all of it has disolved out of the sock

This BBB method could not be easier and I am checking my water in the AM and PM...takes all of 2 minutes with the TF-100 kit!

Hey, Paul,

Branchop's got you covered. Get your CYA on up to 40 or so (which you are doing) and as long as your water stays clear and your CC's are ,5ppm or less, you should have no reason to shock.

Thanks guys...it really is easy so far. Coming from a guy who has had a pool for a week - My guess is that if more people actually took the time to learn about how their pool water "works", they would spend much less time in the PS and save a lot of $!!! BTW, Duraleigh, your shipping was fast...2 days after my girlfriend ordered the kit it was on my doorstep before noon!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.