What happened to BBB?

JohnN

Jun 24, 2012
Howell, NJ
I've been "busy" lately, and haven't checked in on the forum as often as I would like. I noticed that the one of the sub forums was changed to The TFPC Method (or something similar). Is that the new name for BBB? I must have missed the post where that was decided. Anyway, if that is the new name, is it is a good change.

Yes, that is the new name for the method. BBB was confusing to some and really didn't say anything about the method.

Many new to the forum went out and bought Bleach, Borax and Baking soda because it was the chems behind BBB and it wasn't clear that they most likely didn't need them all and may only need bleach if anything.

That's what I figured. I do remember a lot of people saying "Well, this is the BBB method. What do you mean I need muriatic acid, and not Borax?" Just to let you know, it is still referred to as BBB in Pool School. Oh, and it looks like I need to change my signature again.

Yeah, there are a few places where BBB and "shocking" and poolcalculator still show up. I think many/most of Pool School is undergoing a facelift in the coming weeks/months.

Did you see that change ... to use PoolMath now?

Like I said, I haven't been here in a while, so changing to SLAM was the last change I knew about. Are there any functional changes with PoolMath, or just a new name? Any other changes I should know about?

The following is just a summary for myself so I can keep track of what I have to do.
-Change from BBB to TFPC in signature.
-Change to PoolMath in signature.

PoolMath was "created" since the old poolcalculator has been abandoned by its owner with no way to make updates.
The biggest change to PoolMath is that the SLAM levels now match the Pool School chart.
Also there are now choices for the 8.25% bleach and the corresponding 121oz bottle size.

I think this is also going to get a face lift to differentiate it from the old calculator.

jblizzle said:
I think this is also going to get a face lift to differentiate it from the old calculator.

If its going to get a facelift, one suggestion I'd like to see made is that up at the very top starting point you start by entering the size and the type of pool (gunite, vinyl, fiberglass) and then your desired source for your values (traditional pool, TFPC, so on).
Then continue on with your chemistry values....
It just makes more sense to me :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.