New pool - making decision on last two pool builders

Aug 29, 2013
I'm putting in a pretty comprehensive pool, deck, firepit, kitchen and cabana near Austin, Texas and have it narrowed down to two finalists for pool companies. Both are fully accredited, been in the business for quite some time, come with excellent references, and seem very competent.

I am struggling with being able to narrow down - especially given that I've got a pretty comprehensive proposal from one builder, and one that is much more high level from another (but I like his design slightly better.).

It's very hard to do an apples to apples comparison here, especially with the lack of clarity between the two proposals.

Any suggestions - or anyone in Central Texas that has put in a pool recently that can offer thoughts/feedback/etc? Thank you!

Andrew

Welcome to TFP Andrew! :wave:

Someone from Centex will likely answer, as there are lot's and lot's of Texans here. Lot's of builders to choose from down there, some of the best in the country actually. What are the big differences in the proposals?

Thanks, Patrick, and the biggest difference right now is a lack of clarity (only high level numbers at this point) in one of the proposals, so it is difficult to compare apples to apples. I, too, have never put in a pool, so, even after using this forum (which is outstanding), I'm still feeling like I've got a number of items I'm not understanding or asking to make sure I am thinking it through completely.

Any comments or suggestions - and perspective - is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks again, Andrew

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Well, I would suggest you contact the 2nd builder and tell them that you are interested in their design but would like more detail in their plan. Give them a list of specific questions that would allow a better comparison to be made. It sounds like this will be a pretty significant project and I would think they should be more than willing to provide additional details.

No matter who you decide to go with, you will want to change things after you start. I would chose the one that is up front with their design and detailed plans. If they are not explaining things to you now, they probably wont be once you start and you are contacting them several times a week to check on things and asking a million questions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.