Pics of pool and backyard

rlefig

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2013
Reading, MA
Hello, I posted back in April about a house I was buying in Reading MA. It was a short sale and finally got approved in late August. I am now finally getting around around to posting pictures after all the painting, gutting kitchen, new windows, etc.

Here they are. As you can see it is a swamp, also the patio is very narrow around the pool. I would like to remove all of the grass inside the fence and replace with concrete. Is this possible for a home owner to do? I know I can at least get it ready for concrete next spring.

I am also missing the decorative tile around the top in places. That task does not look too hard. I just finished tiling the kitchen.

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 194
I think some nice landscaping would set it off better in a small space, at least at the end and the right side. I might go for doing just the left side first and see how you like it.

I would imagine that if you were looking to do concrete you would have to excavate a ton of dirt to get below the frost line and provide a proper base so the concrete would not crack after a tough winter. I love decorative stone. I use it everywhere I can't get to with the mower. We do walk on it and it is not the best if we are trying to use it as a patio type area. An advantage is that you can do an area and then years later extend that area seamlessly. I would imagine that concrete would blend in and you would end up with a plain gray look. Not very pleasant to the eye.

Awesome, all these points are good thoughts for the decking which will come next year. I know brushed concrete is not "beautiful" but it is the one I am still leaning towards as cost is a big factor with all the other work going on and getting ready to send kids to school.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.