Leaf Stain?

JohnH

May 28, 2012
Flower Mound, TX
Today just notice two leaf stains bottom of pool while I was removing some leafs. Tried to remove stain with brush, no help. I have the filter on for 3 hrs a day, and cleaner for 2 hrs a day. I didn't realized that a leaf would stain a pool that quick, I remove leafs every day, if not every other day.

Pool temp. is 64 degrees, I would hate to jump in and try to scrub with green pad:)

Any suggestions in removing stain, Pool chemical reading as of 15th Nov:
FC: 2.0 (added 21 oz. of bleach)
PH: 7.8

Other chemical reading as of 4th Nov:
CC: .5
TA: 70
CH: 340
CYA: 40

I just never seen that before!!

John

Rich,
Do you suggest during the fall season I keep my FC target on high end (CYA chart: 5) to prevent leaf stains?
This is my first year for fall with the pool. I'm afraid to use a puck on it, because to much Football and Nascar on TV to monitor the puck :lol:

In mean time I will get new FC readings during commercial and bounce off the calculator and readjust to high end. Thanks

John

New reading FC: 2.5

Adding 53 oz. of bleach to reach my target of 5ppm. I thought I would save some money on bleach to keep FC on low end during fall & winter, but now I'm thinking to keep on high end during fall and low end during winter.
Still planning on using the spa during fall & winter. Thanks

John

JohnH said:
Rich,
Do you suggest during the fall season I keep my FC target on high end (CYA chart: 5) to prevent leaf stains?
This is my first year for fall with the pool. I'm afraid to use a puck on it, because to much Football and Nascar on TV to monitor the puck :lol:

In mean time I will get new FC readings during commercial and bounce off the calculator and readjust to high end. Thanks

John
It won't prevent organic stains, but it will bleach them out. Don't let the leaves sit there and you won;t get stains.

In cold weather, you'll find chlorine loss is pretty low, so keeping it at the high end of recommended won't use very much extra bleach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.