hot tub shut down

Nov 17, 2013
Hi, I have a sundance cameo 880. Before I often had the code COOL so i put hot water and when the temperature get up, everything went allright. Last week, the same thing happend but the code ---- appered. Everything shut down and nothing start under 80. I reset the breaker 2 or 3 times and nothing happend. I suspect the hi-limit switch or the temperature sensor. Does anybody have a clue on what it can be? Thanks for the answer!

According to the owners manual the COOL indication just means that the water temp is 20 degrees less than setpoint. The spa will operate normally and the indication will go off when the temp is within 15 degrees of setpoint.

If the temperature is reading on the panel then the sensor is good.
Are there any other errors on the panel?

I'll try this but can you tell me a few things to try or check at tue same time if it don't work? I emptied it because winter is coming and I dont want it to freeze if it dont heat and filling it every time would'nt be nature friendly!.. I already turn off and on the breaker and wait 15min before turning turning it on and try to start it it doesn't work..

The manual is pretty vague on what the problem could be other than it's a watchdog timer error. Which usually means that it took too long for something to respond to a request. I start with the connectors for the sensors and between boards. That way you're not replacing the board(s) because of a slightly corroded connector. If unhooking/rehooking the connectors a few times doesn't solve it, it may be a problem with the board(s).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.