I'm a glutton for punishment...

Kias

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2009
NW Ohio
We found this house. It has a "pool"

Needs "Cosmetic" repair they say.

Some of you know what I can do with old broken stuff...

We have an appointment to go see it next Thursday. I'll be taking my camera.

Here's the photo my wife took on her illegal trespassing trip with her cell phone. Ignore the reflections of the windows.

Here's all the details I know. 3000ish sq ft house, built in 1951. 20x40 pool built in 1956.

The pool is a separate building from the house. There's a strange fence around the pool building, like they built the pool, then added the building later, but left the fence in place. Not sure yet.

My concerns are the plumbing, and more importantly the pool building itself. Doesn't look like there's any ventilation system in place, could be wrong though.

Ok, what photos do you guys want me to try and get?

Go!

pool169.jpg

Ok, what photos do you guys want me to try and get?
Everything! :-D
You knew I was going to do that anyway. :goodjob:

Well we'll see if it's even still there tomorrow. Tornadoes are coming through right now...
:shock: Well?
Still there! Though about 7 miles away... Not so much. :(

If you folks do get this place, it will be a fascinating thread for us to follow :whoot:
I'll need more camera's! I'll need one doing a time lapse, One that takes random pics at random times, a webcam, and my good 'ole trusty Nikon I already have. :party:

Here's the Google Shot of the place. (Well, Bing, they actually have a better shot)

House is the upperish building, Pool is the lowerish building. Man Cave/Winery in the back. Everything else that isn't the property is grayed out. Even has two brick columns at the driveway entrance with what appear to be lights on top. Those lights will have to go and get replaced by gargoyles that breath smoke, and eyes light up. Cause that's way cooler than just dumb lights.

pool171.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Butterfly said:
hum, I thought I heard that copper is the new gold :mrgreen:

That place is huge! How much land? Already have vinyard?

Those lights will have to go and get replaced by gargoyles that breath smoke, and eyes light up. Cause that's way cooler than just dumb lights.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I agree, it's a great looking, large lot. Would love to see what you could do with it.

When's the wine tasting?

Kias said:
Do you test your pool water for copper?

No. I've watched for signs of issues, but have never seen any. I don't see just moving water through copper pipes as being as big an issue as adding chemicals containing copper. My copper runs are very long too, the equipment is not near the pool.

Butterfly said:
hum, I thought I heard that copper is the new gold :mrgreen:
I have a friend who's house was broken into, they shut off the electricity and water, then proceeded to cut every single wall and take every pipe and every wire. It was ugly. So... yea, copper IS the new gold.

Butterfly said:
That place is huge! How much land? Already have vinyard?
I guess it's 2 acres. 5 less then we have now. We're trying to downsize. LOL

No vineyard to my knowledge. I started putting one in here this summer, then we decided to move in one or two or three years. Luckily, I only got the ground prepped. No real money spent. At $12000 an acre, I'm glad I didn't spend any money as it takes about three years before your first real crop of grapes.

cbink said:
When's the wine tasting?

Any time you want, just stop on by!

Currently serving

Riesling
Moscato
White Zin
Red Zin
Green Apple Riesling
Skeeter Pee
Strawberry Merlot
Probably a couple others I forgot about.

The Skeeter Pee is just awesome.

The Moscato scored exactly the same points as Barefoot Cellars Moscato in a blind taste test at Andrew Peller Limited. (Take that E&J Gallo!)

...and unfortunately, I have renamed and relabeled the Strawberry Merlot to "Death by Merlot" and I no longer take it with us to parties. It has been the root of a couple of felonies, public intoxication, and a few visits to the porcelain king. It is just shy of fourty proof, and tastes like strawberry merlot kool-aide. If there were such a thing. You can not taste the alcohol in any shape or form. This was all by design, and took a few years to develop. Now I wish I never did. It stays at home, and only my wife and I drink it now. Guess we're "responsible"? :shock:

Currently fermenting is Ángel Blanco and is only in it's third day, and so far it's amazing! I think this has the potential to be the best I've made so far.

I've got three more days to decide on what's next. Montepulciano, Gewurztraminer, Verdicchio, Orvieto, Sangiovese, or Liebfraumilch. I'm leaning toward the Gewurztraminer. Always wanted to try and make that!

Two more days until we see the pool! (Gotta keep the thread on course.) LOL

RobbieH said:
Kias said:
Do you test your pool water for copper?

No. I've watched for signs of issues, but have never seen any. I don't see just moving water through copper pipes as being as big an issue as adding chemicals containing copper. My copper runs are very long too, the equipment is not near the pool.

Ok, that's good to know! Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.