Following up after closing the pool...few more questions

Jul 7, 2013
Brampton, ON
Hi guys,

I finally closed my pool today. I feel pretty good but I still have some questions.

So, after my water was below skimmer, I plugged the shop vac in the skimmer hole and blew the lines. I noticed my first return line bubbling so I plugged that. Then my other rerun line started to bubble so I plugged that too. Then I opened the pump basket and noticed no more water is coming out. So I took out the shop vac and tried to plugged that but I noticed water was coming from the skimmer hole.

How am I suppose to clear that water? Everytime I blow the skimmer line, no more water comes out on the pump basket but then water fills up when I remove the shop vac.

People also said to put anti freezer in the skimmer hole, how am I to do that of water is coming out?

Is the water level below the skimmer?
Is the equipment above or below the water level?
Do you have a main drain?

I would take the vac and put it in the pump basket. Seal it off as best you can and put the multiport in closed, if you have one, and blow the skimmer from there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.