any reason to cover pool after leaves have already dropped?

kjpool

May 20, 2013
Hello all,

just had my last swim of a relatively cheap and trouble free pool year. (48 degree water)

I have never properly closed the pool before and am wondering with the threat of leaves gone, is there still any reason to cover the pool? I'm in western NY. The house/pool came with a solid cover. IF I do cover it, do I have to clear out snow and get rid of any water that accumulates on top pretty regularly?

Thanks in advance.

Re: any reason to cover pool after leaves have already dropp

A winter cover and leaf net are optional. The purpose is just to keep stuff out of the pool so there is less clean-up in the spring. For some, a safety-loc cover would also be for safety to prevent someone falling into the pool.

Re: any reason to cover pool after leaves have already dropp

Even after the leaves, I still get a lot of debris in the pool (but I have a ton of trees that always want to drop something).

For me, the solution that works best is just to leave it open and continue to clean and operate it. It really depends on what is the best work load for your particular pool. I assume you do not intend to winterize the equipment or do you?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.