Looking into chlorine free options

Nov 15, 2013
Hello TFP, I am a soon to be new pool owner and I want to change my filter system to one that isn't dependent on chlorine. I was ready to look into buying an EcoSmarte system but then found TFP and the posts and now I'm fairly sure I will avoid it. Can anyone advise me on a good ozone or other non chemical filter system for a small pool - 10 x 4 metres. Thanks so much... :-D

Biguanide, bromine and chlorine are the only reasonable and safe methods for sanitizing a pool. The others are at best a supplement. Biguanide is expensive, bromine isn't highly practical in outdoor pools, leaving chlorine the only really good option.

Perhaps you should start out telling us why you don't want to use chlorine. Perhaps the problems you are associating with chlorine are not ones found in the pools that are properly maintained according to this forum. The pools on this forum are at active chlorine levels that are 10-20 times lower than found in many indoor and some outdoor commercial/public pools, for example.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.