Skimmer/Cleaner/Drain Suction

Aug 10, 2013
Modesto, CA
I am trying to learn more about my system as well as determine the proper valve positioning to provide proper suction for skimmer/cleaner/main drain. I have attached pictures of my system. As you can see it's a very simple system. On the suction side I have a 2-way valve with one side labeled skimmer/main drain and the other cleaner. I have moved the valve closer to the skimmer/main drain but did not notice a significant change in suction to the skimmer. At this point the cleaner does not move. When moved closer to the cleaner side, the cleaner moves about the pool bottom and still no significant change in skimmer suction. Maybe I am expecting too much suction from the skimmer. The valve in the mid position does not move the cleaner. I have been keeping the valve favoring the cleaner but not sure if this is the best way to operate.

After the filter, water flows to a 2-way valve with one side labeled filter return and the other is not labeled. The valve is in the mid position. The filter return side i'm assuming returns back to the pool but where would the other pipe return to? I have a water fall which can be adjusted with this valve but not sure if this is the only intent for this. The closer to the unlabeled side the more water out of the water fall the further away the less water. I just want to confirm that this is the only reason for the unlabeled side and not intended for another purpose. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 38
  • photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 38
  • photo(5).JPG
    photo(5).JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 39
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.