BBB levels for a not really closed, closed pool in Dallas

Jul 15, 2013
Dallas, TX
Just finished reading Jason's pool closeing procedure and realized I'm not really closing my pool. Not going to drain it or blow out any lines. The pump and systems stay active all winter and automatically come on if temps get close to freezing.

My question:

Do I make any adjustments to the recommended BBB levels for the winter?

Current levels:

FC 8
CC .5
PH 7.6
TA 80
CH 200
CYA 45

Re: BBB levels for a not really closed, closed pool in Dalla

Not really. Just maintain the levels in the recommended ranges. You will just find that the FC lasts a LOT longer.

I just keep my pool balanced as I do in the swim season. I don't feel guilty if I don't check it but once a week, as they said above the pool stays balanced a lot longer. FC goes down slower, and I can run pump a whole lot less, and since the SWG and pump are running less, my pH doesn't raise as fast. In 2011 when it was so cold here for a long period of time, I had no issues with anything freezing.

RobbieH said:
I just keep my pool balanced as I do in the swim season. I don't feel guilty if I don't check it but once a week, as they said above the pool stays balanced a lot longer. FC goes down slower, and I can run pump a whole lot less, and since the SWG and pump are running less, my pH doesn't raise as fast. In 2011 when it was so cold here for a long period of time, I had no issues with anything freezing.

Good point, didn't think of that. Currently the pump runs 7 hours a day. Which is down from 12-15 hours a day that I had to run it when I was apparently going by Troublesomepool.com standards. What do you recommend for run time? And does it even need to run every day?

Run it enough to keep the pool clear. This will vary from pool to pool. Mine seems to be fine at about 4 hours per day. This year I have to refigure, as I put a new VF pump on.

I would run it every day just to keep everything mixed up. Besides, my timer won't let me schedule anything but every day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.