pool block?

Nov 13, 2013
Hi,
Im new to this site, but I am interested to know if there would be a market for a pool block, its a block that sits in the water like a pool platform, but its a block.
It is ideal for people that have one depth pools and especially with children to give the something to stand on.
I have found a company in the uk whom make these, and am discussing what the oppotuniues to supply their block in Australia would be as we don't seem to have anything like this available except the platforms which most swim schools have.
I am hoping to find out, if there would be a market for such a product with people whom own pools..
I have a pool with no steps and all one depth and I know we would really benefit from a block with a 2 and 5 year old. Any feedback would be great about this idea.

there have been some discussions about making one out of PVC with various types of platforms attached, and stacking plastic pallets, etc. I don't know if anyone has really done it...most people just get the swim floats for kids, because a platform stops working as soon as they step or fall off.

Welcome to tfp, jennybeach21 :wave:

In addition to what MITS said, I could see it being a safety issue since people may not see it underwater and swim into it, especially if it is not anchored to the side.

Kids learn to swim very quickly and also get taller quickly too. A better solution imo is a movable steps, such as "wedding cake" steps.

I created one for my AGP because the ones that can be ordered like the swim school has cost more than my whole pool. I bought plastic storage shelving from Home Depot for pretty cheap (I got the widest one they had, which was too tall - but I only used one tier of shelving) and then made a PVC bar to hold onto that makes an upside U of sorts and protrudes above the water just a bit. I also affixed a plastic no-slip shower/tub mat to the top so the plastic surface doesn't hurt my son's feet when he stands on it.

The kid loves it and jumps from it to the side of the pool and back constantly! I need to find a good way to weigh it down, I tried to fill up the legs with sand and cap them, but it wasn't quite enough weight and one of the caps came off spilling sand in the pool. I think I'm going to fill up old bleach bottles with sand/concrete and place them on the bottom shelf that is way underwater to see if that does the trick.

Hi,
Thank you so much for the replies regarding the pool block and some of the ideas people are using instead. some Great ideas.
Linen, the blocks are very heavy so are weighted down and are vinyl so wouldn't be a safety issue if you bumped into them and quite brightly coloured with pictures so easy to see. However I hadn't heard of wedding cake steps and just googled them..thank you they are brilliant, as we need something just like for for our pool. probably much more user friendly than a block.
Il keep looking into pool blocks a bit further with this company but have a feeling it will be very expensive to get them here as they are from UK.:) il keep you guys posted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.