Setting up an AGP

Nov 11, 2013
We just bought a AGP 21ft and we are trying to decide what to put under it. I shopped 2 of my local pool stores and they said all I need is a level ground and both said that I place only the Perfect Pool Bottom in between the liner and ground. Both also there was no need to add sand, only the Perfect Pool Bottom. Any advice?

Welcome to the forum. :wave: Level...Level.....Level! Your pool should be less than one inch out of level. Preparing the base to accomplish that is the most critical.

Unless you can get the ground really smooth with no roots, rocks etc, then sand or screenings (only an inch thick or so) is a great way to give you a perfect base that is smooth and almost perfectly level.

Welcome to tfp, joshlopez1 :wave:

Another option is to skip the perfect pool and sand and go with extruded polystyrene 1 to 2 inches thick. That is what I did and it works great. Skipping the sand (or foam insulation) will likely cause a fairly uneven bottom surface. Also, depending on what liner type you are installing, many assume at least 2 inches of sand fill from the bottom of the pool structure. Additionally, you will need to form a cove or get a foam cove.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.