Hayward H250FDN Heater Front Panel Question

MDP

May 17, 2013
Hope somebody can help!

I am working on a Hayward H250FDN Heater -- apparently the front panel leaks water inside the heater. I opened the panel and lost the little buttons under the up and down keys!

Can you please advise?:

1. Where can I get the little buttons from?
2. Is there a cover that I can put on top of the front panel that will prevent water getting inside?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Paul. I still wonder once I replace the keypad this will again get water and get damaged. Can you think of a cover or any such thing that will prevent water getting inside?

Only if you are handy enough to create your own. It's definitely a bad design on Hayward's behalf. If you are handy enough to work with a plastic of sorts, you can mold something that will work. Or, search for some flexible magnet sheet. Cut some large enough to fold over from the top of the heater above the bezel and then long enough to cover it. If you do it right, the keypad should be covered pretty well. Only draw back is having to flip it up if you need access to the keypad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.