pool cover ?

Oct 21, 2013
Ok we have our pool cover on with a pillow in the middle. The wind seems to blow here a lot and the cover is lifting. I drained the pool down below the lowest outlet. Which means it's about 1 and a half foot down from top. I'm wondering if I take a few gallon milk jugs and fill with water, tie through grommets on cover and set on ground if that might hold it! We leave in Jan. and gone till April so a little worried we might come home and find no cover and the pool walls pulled in! I worry that to much water or snow build up on cover while we are gone might also cause damage. I know I worry to much or so my hubby says! I had thought about just not covering since we will be gone. Any tips or such on anything else I might do to keep all safe while we are gone. Missouri winters can be very cold and snowy.
Again we just bought this house so is our first year closing the pool. Just hope we get to swim in it next summer! Pool info below.
Thanks

Attachments

• Pool.jpg
    Pool.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 79
Dave & Jeff thanks for the help. Well needless to say I didn't have jugs or stakes. Have family saving the jugs tho. Oh and that wind I was talking about is blowing like crazy and yes the cover is whipping up. I went and got 5-6 big clamps and put around the top rail. Hope that helps. Oh and the pillow we put in and tied down tight has broke free and is over to one side! I'm kinda wishing I had saved the cover money and just dealt with the clean up next spring! :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.